» Electric Welding Accessories
Electric Welding Accessories
As per ISI, following should be the weight of copper (per 100 mtrs.)
in different sizes of cable:
- Used as a medium for supplying power from a welding machine to
the work being done.
- ISI approved.
- Available in both aluminium and copper conductor in sizes ranging
from 16 mm2 to 120 mm2.
- Both copper and aluminium cables are available in TRS as well as
- Moulding process, used to manufacture these cables, ensures
longer life of cable.
Copper (per 100 mtrs.) in kgs (approx.)
Welding Electrode Holder
- Used to hold electrode during the welding process.
- Available in two types:
- Fully Insulated (A-Type)
- Semi Insulated (B-Type)
- Three varieties are available in both these types:
- Mark-I (600A/30%): Suitable for all size of electrode
- Mark-II (400A/30%): Suitable up to 4.0 mm electrode
- Mark-III (200A/30%): Suitable up to 3.15 mm electrode
- Other than the above, two more special varieties of holders are
- Heavy Duty Holder (used for heavy duty welding)
- Rubber Grip Screw Type Holder
- Used to provide current connection between return current cable
and work piece.
- Full size copper braided net is used for maximum flexibility &
- Very easy to fit cable to the earth clamp.
- Used to connect two lengths of flexible cable. Can also be used
to connect flexible welding cable to welding machine.
- Suitable for up to 70 mm2 cable.
- Handle made of synthetic rubber which ensures greater life.
- Gunmetal sheet is used to connect welding cable to the connector
which is a good conductor of electricity. Hence there is no heating